Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slowing down a bit.

I have a lot of stuff to talk about.  I have alot of stuff going on down here.  It feels good.  Mostly its all school things.  Now that we have things semi-under control, we're branching out, adding new education paths, forming IEP type plans for individuals, organizing discipline, setting behavioral and educational consequences,......the list goes on. 

But I don't want to talk about that.

Today was a great day.  I got to teach.  I taught two math classes, a Honduran history class, an ancient world history class, and an English class.  Thats the way I get to show love down here.  I operate under the idea that the message Christ and the love of Christ go hand in hand.  So thats how I get to show Christ's love.  I really enjoy the way He lets me show it.

I also got to administer the school.  I talked with my teachers and had opportunities to serve them as they do their jobs.  Its such a lovely relationship.  I never wanted to be the boss of anybody.  And while I'm officially in charge of four teachers, I try not to be a boss.  My plan is to serve my teachers and hold them accountable as they teach my girls.  They do such a wonderful job.  My girls are getting an AMAZING education because of the teachers who work for me.  Its beautiful when it works out right.  Today, it just worked out right.

Then after school, I went and sat in front of the kitchen.  For about an hour I held the most adorable 4 year old in the world and fought her away from writting on my shoes or stepping on parts of my body that would hurt.  I talked with a group of girls in Spanish for about an hour.  We talked about how I was going to start working out so I could intimidate their boyfriends when they are older.  We talked about the past.  About why I deserve to be called "Doctor" Ben (8 pigs, 1 goat, and 1 human delivered or facilitated).  We laughed about stories from the past.  Its strange that I've been here long enough to laugh about stories in the past told in Spanish.

Then I came home (or to the Botkins' home actually).  I stopped for some sliced ham on the way.  Before I could get my motorcycle cut off, there were 4 kids on the porch.  I made sandwiches for them and talked about what they did at school today.  After their sandwiches, we talked some more over caramels and gum while they poured dirt on my chonchitos (little piggies [toes....come on]).  I have wash my feet before going to bed. 

Its just been nice to slow down.  Everything is not perfect.  Tomorrow will be busy and things will not go according to plan.  But we serve a really good God who has it all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment